期刊名稱：The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry
- What is the primary question addressed by this study?
- Whether body mass index and cardiometabolic risk factors were associated with elderly suicide was investigated in a large cohort of older people in Taiwan.
- What is the main finding of this study?
- Underweight, low diastolic blood pressure, low waist circumference, and having a lower number of metabolic syndrome criteria were associated with increased suicide risk in older people.
- What is the meaning of the finding?
- Older people who are underweight and have low diastolic blood pressure or low waist circumference may need careful assessments of poor mental health and suicide risk